I sat on the pool edge a couple weeks ago before work with some dread of jumping in to the "cold", but then I remembered how much colder Cayuga Lake can be, and why I was swimming: to get pumped up for my favorite event of the summer coming up on Saturday, August 10th, WOMEN SWIMMIN' FOR HOSPICARE! I thought about swimming the 1.2 miles across Cayuga Lake the last seven years with Margaret, mom, Sarah and always with Gwen...along with hundreds of other women all raising much-needed funds to help Hospicare in providing compassionate end-of-life care and:
- Providing vital medications to ease pain and manage symptoms
- Providing specialized medical equipment so patients can stay in their own homes
- Training more volunteers to deliver complementary therapies to enhance comfort and peace
- Offering additional grief counseling sessions
- Continuing to provide intensive round-the-clock care at the Hospicare residence for patients who need more care than they can receive in their own homes.
THANK YOU for your commitment to supporting me as I swim for this special and important organization.
My Personal Web Log
Thank you for your support of Women Swimmin' for Hospicare! You can contact us or mail donations to:Hospicare & Palliative Care Services
ATTN: Women Swimmin' for Hospicare
172 East King Road, Ithaca, NY 14850
607-272-0212 (Monday-Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm)
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.