Thanks for visiting my Women Swimmin' Personal Page!
I'm participating in Women Swimmin' to raise money for Hospicare & Palliative Care Services. The funds I raise will provide medical expertise and emotional, spiritual and practical support to patients and their families.
Your donation to Women Swimmin' will help make this important end-of-life care available to anyone in Tompkins or Cortland counties who needs it--regardless of their ability to pay.
I'm proud to be involved in this special community event and I'm grateful that I'm able to swim. My family has recieved the support of Hospicare in the past. After my mother died in a car accident in 2005, the grief services available to us through Hospicare, including the Good Grief camp for kids, were invaluable. When Chris's mother was diagnosised with cancer in 2010, we were able to take care of her at home as her illness progressed with the support of Hospicare nurses and staff. Without the support of Hospicare this would not have been possible.
I'm swimming to raise funds that help Hospicare to:
- Provide vital medications to ease pain and manage symptoms
- Provide specialized medical equipment so patients can stay in their own homes
- Train more volunteers to deliver complementary therapies to enhance comfort and peace
- Offer additional grief counseling sessions
- Continue to provide intensive round-the-clock care at the Hospicare residence for patients who need more care than they can receive in their own homes.
If you can, please join me in supporting their work by making a donation on my fundraising page - you’ll find a link below. I hope you'll consider making a gift.
Wishing you good health and happiness,
My Personal Web Log
Thank you for your support of Women Swimmin' for Hospicare! You can contact us or mail donations to:Hospicare & Palliative Care Services
ATTN: Women Swimmin' for Hospicare
172 East King Road, Ithaca, NY 14850
607-272-0212 (Monday-Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm)
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.